DevOps Engineer (Linux/Software/Infrastructure)
Technical Operations Engineer
One of the UK's leading compliance auditing solutions within financial services, is currently going through a growth and expansion, are currently recruiting a technical operations engineer to help evolve the infrastructure, with an aim of zero downtime and painless releases.
As a technical operations engineer your role will include:
- Design, implement and deliver software and infrastructure to improve scalability, availability, performance and efficiency of the product
- Deep dives into product reliability issues; work with software engineers and external partners to produce and roll out fixes
- Manage internal and production infrastructure such as switches, firewalls, servers etc
- Develop tools and automation to minimize delivery time and increase productivity
- Liaise with Development and QC departments to ensure smooth delivery of the product to production
As Technical Operations Engineer your skills and experience will include:
- Expert in Linux Adminisration
- DevOps experience
- Experience with public and private clouds
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, HTTP, web application security, and experience supporting multi--tier web application architectures Familiarity with configuration management tools such as chef and puppet
- Experience working in an environment with rapid prototyping and code releases
- Solid understanding of system performance and monitoring
- Experience in ITIL best practices including problem, incident and change management
- Must be capable of obtaining UK Government Security Clearance
This is a great opportuntiy for the right person, the environment is professional, relaxed yet very cutting edge with bags of opportunity to expand your technical repertoire.
On offer is a basic of c65-70k, bonus and a range of benefits, and a role with great future potential.