Data Migration Consultant
Our Financial Services client based 25 minutes from London Victoria is currently recruiting for a Data Migration Consultant to join them on a permanent basis. Our client is developing a new registration system based on Oracle and .NET technologies. This new system will replace several legacy applications and as part of the ongoing development, there is a need to migrate client data from the legacy applications onto the new platform (once functionality has been delivered). We are seeking an experienced Data Migration Consultant/Developer to work alongside the current data migration team to work on developing the migration code, providing migration datasets for ongoing development needs, and also conducting live migrations as and when required.
- Analyse and interpret client requirements to enable the definition of data migration technical requirements.
- Contribute to the definition and implementation of data migration technical solutions to satisfy technical requirements.
- Carry out data profiling, data analysis, data cleansing, data extraction transformation, load and test to enable the successful migration of data.
- Contribute to projects and assist in leading work packages
- Liaise with development and BAU support in triaging and resolving defects raised against migrated clients or migration datasets during development.
- Assist in the performing of live client data migrations as and when required by our business (these will be during and outside of office hours depending on the migration requirement)
Experience and skills required:
- Proven experience of in software and IT industry including experience spent on client facing projects
- Proven experience of data migration projects
- Data profiling, data quality analysis, data cleansing processes and tools
- Database technologies including Oracle 11g and SQL and tools/languages such as T/SQL, P/SQL, Database Creation, Triggers, Tuning
- Extraction, transformation, load (ETL) toolset e.g. Informatica, Talend
- ETL methodologies
- General programming and scripting languages
- Fluent in the Windows platform and use of command windows, batch files, UNC paths, RDP, ODBC setup etc.
If you are interested in the role and would like to know more, please apply via the link below with your most up-to-date CV for immediate consideration.
Capita IT Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita IT Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
Transfer of information overseas
Your information may be shared with subsidiaries of Capita plc who are involved in carrying out functions related to the services administration including such subsidiaries which are outside the EEA in countries which do not have similar protections in place regarding the information and its use. We shall ensure that any such subsidiary has put in place proper security measures to ensure at least the same level of protection of the personal data as is required under UK data protection legislation.