2nd Line Technical Engineer / Second Line IT Support Technician
Job Title: 2nd Line Technical Engineer
Location: Milton Keynes - travel to customer sites is required
Salary: £21,500 - £28,500
The company is an innovative, dynamic technology company serving an impressive array of industry leading customers. Privately owned and established in 2002, the company has grown in reputation and influence in the Managed Service Provider space.
The company is striving to new standards in the IT world and they believe this can only be accomplished with the right people. The company value their employees by supporting career development and progression. Together the company set the standard others follow.
As a core part of the technical team, the key objective is to ensure that support calls that have been escalated are dealt with in a professional manner and within the designated Service Level Agreements (SLA). Where this is not possible, to escalate the call to Third Line, keeping the Helpdesk and Client updated at all times.
As a 2nd Line Technical Engineer you will be required to travel to customer sites providing onsite support to assist the Service Delivery function and with the potential of working on any related project work, some of which may take place in the evenings or at weekends.
- Willing to go the 'extra mile' in helping solve client issues
- Where required, to answer the telephone within the company's SLA and using the standard company greeting
- To remain focused at all times, logging and updating ALL key information regarding the support call using the tools provided by the Company
- To remain constantly focused in resolving the support call in a quick and efficient manner, managing expectations and providing resolutions within the company's agreed SLA's
- Escalate calls to the Third Line when appropriate
- To keep up to date with current technologies as used by the Company and its Clients from time to time.
- To be able to adapt quickly to changing working environments and to familiarise yourself with all key company systems.
- To show a genuine desire to continually improve your technical knowledge and ability through self-study and in conjunction with the Company's offer of training
- To maintain a healthy and interactive relationship with your team members and actively participate in the Company's activities from time to time
Person / Technical Specification:
- Must be certified to MCITP - Server Administrator level, or willing to prove ability to support at this level (will be required to pass MCITP -Server Administrator within 6 months)
- General Networking skills - LAN/WAN/Wireless maintenance, router/switch configuration
- MS Office - all versions.
- Exchange 2007/2010 support.
- Knowledge of AntiVirus applications.
- Knowledge of Backup applications.
- Windows Server (2003/2008) support.
- Windows 7/8/10 desktop support.
- Desktop and Server hardware maintenance - memory installs, hard disc replacements, server installations.
- Must be able to demonstrate technical ability at 2nd line engineer level meeting the above capabilities.
- Must be able to communicate clearly at a technical and end user level
- Must project a positive, friendly professional image on the phone and in person when on customer sites
- Can demonstrate a passion for customer service
- Can demonstrate a passion for personal development
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Thrives on the diversity of travelling to different customer sites on a daily basis
- Must be have excellent documentation skills
- Must be flexible in their approach to travel and projects undertaken
When sending CV and Cover letter please consider the following question:
"Do you have 12 months onsite experience?"
Candidates will not be considered if this question cannot be answered.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of; 2nd Line Technical Engineer, 2nd Line Support Technician, IT Helpdesk Support Technician; IT Technician, IT Service Desk Technician, IT Services Manager, IT Desk Support, IT Manager 1st Line Helpdesk Engineer, IT Support Technician, 2nd Line Support Engineer, 2nd Line Support, Support Technician, MCTIP, LAN, Exchange, AntiVirus, Backup applications, Windows XP/Vista/7/8 desktop support will also be considered for this role.