Trainee Planner Buyer from £20000 to £25000, based in London or Bath, + benefits. No experience needed.
Reporting directly to a Media Manager or Group Head and working closely with a Planner Buyer, Lead or Senior Planner/Buyer on their team clients. In addition you will be supporting the wider Planning team in gathering and compiling relevant information for the contribution towards special projects and development of media plans.
This will involve regular contact with all media suppliers including attendance to supplier meetings and social events. Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential with suppliers, peers and clients at all levels.
A Trainee Planner / Buyer is responsible for inputting campaign results data, manipulating it and creating graphs for use in client review documents, proposals and presentations. The Trainee Planner/Buyer's main concern should be to meet the clients' business objectives by producing cost-effective, innovative media plans whilst working in an efficient and professional manner.
Responsibilities for Planner Buyer
* To demonstrate an understanding of key media channels through planning
* To understand how media costs are broken down and calculated
* On receipt of a campaign briefing document understand the objectives the client is trying to achieve
* To have a basic understanding of client results and how to interpret them
* To have a basic understanding of the data deduplication process, be able to produce a dedupe hierarchy and understand a dedupe report
* To source and collate market research reports and information to form a better understanding of the industry and prepare for client presentations and meetings
* To ensure all documents are produced within the branding guidelines, understand and perform within the ISO 27001 guidelines
Planner Buyer requirements
* Good verbal and written communication skills
* Good time management
* Analytical and a good level of numeracy
* Good PC skills including general competency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Outlook
* Able to work Collaboratively within their team and wider company divisions
* Accuracy and attention to detail