Bevern View, Barcombe, near Lewes, BN8 5FJ
37.5 hours per week
Starting Salary £21,020
Salary range £21,020 - £22,487
Our client Bevern Trust is looking for a Shift Manager to join our friendly team at a growing charity, passionate about helping to improve the lives of people with profound disabilities.
The Shift Manager role is one of the most important postions within the charity. The post holder is responsible for overseeing a team of Support staff who ensure all resident requirements are met. It is essential that the complex and disabled young adults receive the very best care and opportunities.
- Excellent relationship and communication skills to lead the team
- Applicants must hold a level 3 diploma in Health and Social Care
- Deemed competent in administering medication
- Computer and literacy skills (Microsoft Word/ Excel)
- Oversee the team working on shift so that all resident health issues are well managed and person centered plans are effectively delivered
- Maintain the performance of the support staff with supervisions
- Cover night shifts as required and complete all on-call duties
- Dispense medication and ensure that all administrative procedures are followed and documented
- As part of the role they will be expected to lead by example and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times
- Communicate clearly with residents, colleagues, parents and visitors
- Assist Management in supporting care staff
- Support and undertake administrative duties as required by management
- Ensure health issues arising with residents are communicated to the Clinical Advisor
- Training from health professionals such as nurses, therapists and physio therapists
- Free lunch and dinner
As a Living Wage Employer, we also offer a great package and are committed to the training and upskilling of all our staff to encourage them to live their own success story.
Car owner/driver essential due to location.
If you meet the above criteria and would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter
This post is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. The Bevern Trust is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.