French speaking Helpdesk Technical Support Analyst
6 days left
- Full Time
Bilingual (French & English) 'Helpdesk' - Technical Support Analyst - Electronics / Mechanics / Electromechanical - This well-established international systems company seeks a technically-minded, customer-focused candidate to join their busy UK helpdesk support team. Candidates must have fluent French written and spoken language skills, together with fluency in English. The role focuses on supporting a range of specialist hardware systems (scanning, imaging) for clients across Europe, with an obvious focus on customers in France.
This is a great opportunity to join a professional, structured and fast-paced environment where you can develop your technical skills.
Note: candidates must have a current valid passport. Although this isn't a role involving travel, there will be initial training (likely 1wk) at a site in either France or Germany, so a passport will be required.
Support Analyst - the Role:
- This role will see you providing first-class customer service and support through CRM, outbound calls, and email as required
- Provide support on scanning and imaging devices
- Maintain and increase product knowledge on applicable products / applications via training, documentation and personal research
- Log issues and resolutions thoroughly in the CRM
- Submit proposed solutions to basic issues in knowledge base and internal / external documentation
- Occasionally, there is some on-site work: e.g. resolving issues that cannot be resolved over the phone; aiding with imaging related installation issues.
Support Analyst - the Person:
The client is seeking a professional and confident candidate (with fluent French and English) with strong customer service skills who is seeking a career role where they can settle and learn more. The company is well-structured and offers career options for the future.
As a base-level, candidates must be technically inclined, people who enjoy technology and mechanics, and ideally have some experience of electrical engineering, or electro mechanics, with perhaps some IT exposure, either through work history, or a higher education course, or even through hobby work. Any imaging experience useful.
Support Analyst - Training:
The client offers full training. This will likely include a week at their manufacturing site in France, or perhaps Germany, with ongoing training provided through their dedicated training team.
All-in-all this is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy environment where you can employ and develop your skills. The company offers room for career advancement. Salary £20k-£25k + range of benefits. Services advertised by Dupen are those of an Agency.