Sales Manager / Business Unit Manager - Data Analytics
My client is an international high technology information services company and the UK market-leader in the business of location planning, consumer targeting and market analysis. The business helps leading brands to understand and find UK consumers and locations.
A new opportunity exists for a professional Sales Manager to manage and lead a business unit with a successful internal sales team based in west London.
The team develops new business and manages relationships with more than 300 leading UK brands, all of them using data and analysis to inform and personalize multi-channel communications, tailor products and propositions and optimize physical store locations and branch networks.
The Sales Manager will oversee the activity of a team that offers quick and easy access to cost effective data on people and places, segmenting customers effectively and creating conversations that inform brand strategy. Clients are drawn from commercial and public sectors, and the wide and varied assortment of projects they work on gives the team a true consultative sales approach - this is NOT a mind-numbing hard sell, but one where the Sales Manager will guide and teach the team to deliver sales of data and solutions through the analysis of client need.
Purpose of Role
- Manage outbound and inbound sales activity on a daily basis
- Team coaching, training and development
- Business planning development and delivery
- Team revenue and forecasting
- In combination with expert colleagues, identify the requirements of target business sectors and create new products to meet those needs and develop a revenue stream from them
- Liaison with the marketing team to develop and deliver appropriate campaigns and activities to stimulate growth
My client wants to hire a high-energy, high-calibre sales team leader who believes work should also be fun; someone who can coach, train and develop sales people with a positive mind-set to deliver high levels of personal and team motivation. Candidates will need to demonstrate the following skills -
- Commercially confident, personable and persuasive at senior levels
- A professional approach to telesales management
- Knowledge of marketing services and data or similar
- Supportive and caring with a genuine desire to help people
- Excellent presentation and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Results driven
Salary package is negotiable DOE and is negotiable from £40’000 -£60’000 base with commission to £26’000 year one uncapped - additional benefits include pension, healthcare, on-site gym and 27 days holidays.