Retail Store Manager
5 days left
- Full Time
Salary: Up to £38,000 per annum
We are looking for individuals to join this exciting multi product retailer that is experiencing some significant and exciting changes. You will be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service and you will be able to lead a team to deliver at the highest level. This retail business wants individuals that move with pace, are passionate and know how to take the business to the next level. They know where they want to get the business and they are recruiting at all levels to ensure their vision is achieved. It is a fantastic opportunity to develop your career and if you are a pro- active leader that wants to work with a great product, service orientated business that looks after its people then this is the role for you.
- A service led and customer orientated background that could include DIY, food, fashion or homewares
- You will be highly commercial, able to respond quickly and act with pace when driving sales and ensuring that your store capitalises on all sales opportunities
- Able to engage talent, build team spirit and challenge goals
- Demonstrates commercial awareness, providing information to back up decision making – strives to generate sales
- A high level of energy and a balanced self-confidence with the ability to lead with vision
- People management experience is a must, you will be a pro -active, self-starter that has a passion for retail and delivering exceptional levels of service
- Excellent communication skills, friendly, energetic and confident
- Strong awareness of retail competitor activity and responds to their activity with pace
- Keen desire to learn and develop and take accountability for retail store KPIs
- Able to assess problems logically and come up with solutions to resolve them effectively
- The ability to be resilient under pressure and seek constant challenges whilst retaining the care for every detail in this complex retail business
- Able to run the day to day operation of a large retail unit
- Ensure the store is operating with in health and safety regulations
- Strong people motivator and leader, able to build strong teams
- Proven track record of delivering retail KPIs
- Celebrates success and can work on own initiative
- Able to walk the walk as well as talk the talk!
- The ideal candidate will be able to prioritise, anticipate changes and implement effective recommendations
- An individual attitude with the ability to challenge and not just accept norms if it drives sales, service and best product
THE ROLE – KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensuring high levels of customer service and that the store has customer at the heart of its ethos
- Prioritising staff and able to analyse stock to ensure that sales are maximised
- Maintain high levels of retail store standards
- Implements store plans and demonstrates tenacity
- Communicates in an engaging and inspiring style
- Manages store operations and ensure that the customer proposition is delivered
- Completes performance reviews, coaches and develops the team
- Stock management and delivery of product availability
- Responsible for the ownership and management of the sales floor to ensure great and consistent customer service
- Responsible for the deployment of colleagues through the effective use of staff planners and scheduling
- Responsible for driving a sales culture in the store
- Professionally handling customer complaints in a professional manner
- Takes action on the store processes if the customer journey is effected – makes processes simple
- Knows that the key to good retail is stock, service and people!
With over 10 million customers per week, our client is a rapidly growing blue chip retailer, known throughout households are the first point of call for many families. With fantastic marketing campaigns, and a presence both in print and on screen, they are in an excellent position to provide a fantastic career to any new employee.
COMMUTABLE LOCATIONS: Farnborough, Farnham, Guildford, Fleet, Basingstoke, Camberley.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, award winning specialist retail & HR recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We provide our candidates with a consultative, honest, high quality and efficient service which develops long term relationships ensuring we become the preferred consultancy for all our clients and candidates. We pride ourselves on understanding people – we are real, we get to the real you and we will get you real results. But then, put simply - It’s the way we work.
McCarthy Recruitment is retained and exclusive on this assignment. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: