Financial Controller Marketing Communications Agency
Our client is a highly regarded, acquisitive and growing marketing and communications agency.
They are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller.
Flexibility is the key - with an office based in London there will also be a requirement to visit their head office based in Hampshire and working with their other teams throughout their offices in England.
They have enormous success in the world of creative strategy, public relations, engagement, digital marketing, and social media which is driven by the quality of their staff.
This role is for an ambitious and proactive career accountant with their sights set on their first Finance Director position in a few years time.
As Financial Controller you will report into an experienced Chief Operating Officer who is also a qualified accountant. You will have a highly visible role across the group, including working closely with the fee-earner teams; providing support on financial matters to the Chief Executive; and managing financial reporting to the main Board. Your job will involve:
- the management and development of a capable team of four;
- providing finance support to fee-earning teams within the business units;
- budgeting and forecasting;
- responsibility for monthly accounting and invoicing;
- the preparation of year-end financial accounts;
- working with the COO to develop more effective systems and processes;
- monthly Board reporting;
- liaison with external advisors;
- basic corporate governance; statutory filings, professional returns etc
- working with the COO on acquisitions.
Current planned projects for 2017 over and above day-to-day accounting work include implementing Adaptive Insights; developing a more pro-active support structure for the fee-earner teams; and completing on / assimilating an exciting acquisition that is currently at Heads of Terms.
What you will need to succeed
- have qualified as an accountant through one of the main professional bodies;
- have some PQE running a finance team, preferably within professional services;
- have a real interest in working in a marketing and communications agency, and shown that you are familiar to working within such an environment;
- be outward-looking, positive and keen to help the fee-earner teams and the business as a whole to become more commercial and more profitable;
- be enthusiastic about improving systems and processes and getting them rolled out.
What you will get in return
- be working in a growing, acquisitive and ambitious company;
- have the opportunity to take real ownership in the role, which is likely to grow;
- contribute to and learn from the work of an experienced (but part-time) COO;
- work on exciting projects over and above the day-to-day accounting;
- feel 'part of something’, as part of a progressive, ambitious senior team;
- enjoy significant work flexibility;
If you do not hear from us within five working days then we regret your application on this occasion has not been successful