Finance Assistant - Payments
Finance Assistant/Payments Controller - West End - £24K + exc bens -prestigious medical charity
As a key member of the finance team of a West End based medical charity, this Payments Controller opportunity would suit a well educated job seeker with excellent attention to detail, accurate data entry skills and an interest to complete work efficiently.
Working with four others, you will support the finance team by dealing with the company’s payments whilst maintaining associated files and correspondence whilst reconciling the supplier statements.
Excellent benefits include non con pension, 22 days holiday rising, subsidised restaurant, long service awards, 3 x life assurance, IF STL, discounts, social club etc.
To succeed within this Payments Controller role, you will need the following:
• Experience of working within a busy finance department including experience of payment control, payments reconciliation of accounting for payments.
• Experience in providing related statistics
• Strength in planning and organisation, an attention to detail, and an ability to manage interruptions
• Proven effective experience of working within a team and on own initiative.
• A good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel.
• A strong customer focus.
Opportunities for involvement within this Payments Controller role include:
• Processing of purchase invoices, expense claims, corporate visa accounts, and refund payments, including pre-payments as necessary.
• Preparation of payments for authorisation; cheques, BACS, Internet banking, and Credit Card refunds, according to agreed schedules.
• Monitoring Direct Debits and Standing Orders , ensuring these are entered on the payables ledger.
• Reconciliation of Suppliers’ statements, ensuring that all expenditure for the month is recorded in the ledgers to meet monthly control timetables.
• Ensuring that suppliers’ bank details are correctly recorded on finance software.
• Ensuring all payments are correctly authorised, and supported by appropriate documents.
• Dealing with all enquiries relating to payments, from other departments and from suppliers.
• Providing short-term cash-flow information.
• Maintenance of an accurate filing system to provide an audit trail for all payments.
• Routine reconciliation of relevant control accounts.
• Any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager.