Business Development Executive
Our goal is to find: the right talent for the right job.
- Position: Business Development Executive
- Salary: £26,000 - £30,000 p/a + uncapped commission
- Location: Stevenage, Herts
- Contract: Permanent
Business Development Executive:
- Are you looking to start a career in Sales?
- Maybe you are a recent graduate looking for your next exciting challenge?
- Would you consider yourself to be a confident and quick learner?
- Maybe you have previously worked in a busy call centre?
- Are you confident speaking on the phone and generating new business from cold leads?
- Would you say you have excellent negotiating skills?
- Are you a articulate and focused individual?
- Have you got excellent communication and people management skills?
- Does the opportunity to travel nationally for client visits appeal to you?
- Maybe the chance to earn uncapped commission excites you?
- Does the opportunity to work in a fast paced challenging, target driven environment appeal to you?
The Business Development Executive is responsible for the acquisition of new named business accounts. This role also includes responsibility for sales plans, customer awareness campaigns, providing timely and reliable management information that supports the business strategy, goals and objectives to realising the sales target. There is a collective responsibility for delivery of top line revenue and profit, developing loyalty from existing customers, attracting new customers and building significant brand equity through effective marketing.
- To provide strategic marketing input to help shape the market position of the business.
- To plan, deliver and lead incisive and value-added business development activities ensuring key objectives in the new business plans are achieved.
- To develop and maintain an excellent understanding of the company’s target audiences, strategic context and commercial activities to ensure that goals and objectives are achieved.
- To act as the driving force behind the development and implementation of the new business development strategy, working with the team to deliver on the marketing and customer relationship objectives of the business.
- To prepare the New Business Development Plan and oversee all elements of Marketing and Customer Relationship activity to ensure alignment and achievement of objectives.
- To be accountable for targets, new customer revenue, and tracking results.
- To be responsible for the management of all new business communications and scripts.
- To work with third party marketing agency to manage the production and delivery of all marketing collateral used in a range of different contexts.
- To work closely with the Management team to maximise cross selling opportunities at every customer touch point throughout the customer journey
- To plan and deliver revenue generating and profile raising events that support new business development.
- To build strong relationships with prospects, gaining a close understanding of their business and their needs in order to maximise revenue in line with the annual £300,000 new business target, particularly focusing on selling contracted Managed Services.
- To develop and manage the contact strategy to best develop leads from new and existing markets.
- To work with the Management team to ensure that there is a defined process for the dealing with any issues on potential projects or issues with prospects.
- To speak positively and enthusiastically about the company and its products and services to ensure that a professional company and brand image is provided at all times to customers and colleagues.
- To communicate courteously with internal and / or external customers by telephone, email and face to face, building positive relationships, investigating, effectively responding to and progressing issues and queries to a successful conclusion.
- To ensure that key customer / target audience data is acquired and maintained which should include the corporate structure, key people, turnover, sector, products in use, annual licence and support fee, contract terms and renewal dates, IT initiatives etc.
- To be accountable for targets, new business revenue, tracking results and profitability across all channels.
- To undertake marketing research and analysis as required and produce recommendations to ensure all business development activities are optimised.
- To build and maintain strong relationships with all internal functions.
- To work together with other departments and divisions within the organisation to identify any process improvements and improve standards, efficiency and profitability.
- To ensure a good level of understanding and knowledge of the company products and services, which is improved and maintained at all times, ensuring that queries can be dealt with accurately.
- To take responsibility for own personal development in line with agreed annual performance objectives.
- To be willing to support colleagues with professional problems, devoting time to impart expertise, infusing confidence and expressing positive expectations regarding the company’s performance
Essential Skills and Experience:
You will need to demonstrate good business development knowledge and skills of a similar nature in a highly competitive environment. Previous experience within consultative or solutions selling industries is beneficial.
Degree level education or equivalent with experience of people management. CIM or IDM qualification or equivalent
Please get in touch with the TalentHQ Team if this sounds like the next exciting career opportunity you are looking for!