6 days left
- Full Time
To supervise, direct and execute operations on the assigned project to ensure it is completed safely, on time and within budget.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Management of All aspects of Health & Safety on site
- Ensure any temporary works have the necessary design and are installed in accordance with the design
- Produce 2-week look ahead programmes for managers, operatives and sub-contractors working under you to ensure that the construction programme is achieved
- Ensure all operatives have signed a daily safe start, are inducted, have the relevant permit for their works, receive weekly tool box talks and are working to the appropriate risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure the works are planned out in a logical manner paying particular attention to materials storage, deliveries, plant and traffic movements, craneage and any other site logistics
- Management of plant to ensure it is ordered in advance, used efficiently, tracked while on site and off-hired when no longer required
- Manage labour resources and ensure these do not exceed the labour forecast for the project
- Ensure all materials are taken off, ordered and delivered to site in advance of any works and in line with the construction programme
- Ensure all managers/engineers and sub-contractors are working to the latest construction issue information
- Liaise with the senior engineer on site to ensure that all setting out is done in good time and its accuracy is checked
- Ensure all the relevant QA is completed by the engineers, as well as any sub-contractors working under you. Report to the PM any items raised with regards to QA and propose remedial actions
- Hold weekly (as a minimum) progress meetings with the site team and subcontractors and report to the project manager on progress of works against programme
- Excellent computer skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to read and communicate drawings
- Hardworking and driven to push projects through
- Ability to meet deadlines: delivers projects on time
- Working closely with a team
- We are one of the largest family-owned construction groups in the UK. Multi phase regeneration schemes with dense urban housing to high-rise developments, luxury residential projects and bespoke hotels are a few examples of our work.
- There are few companies in today’s construction industry that can provide the same level of in-house capability as Ardmore including in-house mechanical and electrical installation, as well as metalwork and joinery services.
- Groundwork and substructures, super-structures, mechanical and electrical installation, through to envelope and fit-out packages we are able to control and deploy our own staff, equipment and tradespeople efficiently,whilst also providing clients with flexibility and responsiveness.
Unsolicited CVs: in relation to speculative CVs received from providers without a prior assignment issued in writing by Ardmore’s Recruitment team, no fee payable by Ardmore will apply.