Data Analysts, SQL, Python, R
7 days left
- Full Time
£32,000-48,000 + bonus + flexible benefits package SQL, Python, R
This organisation is a leading UK provider of analytics expertise for the purposes of investigating and preventing white-collar crime.
As the business grows, they need several Analysts from junior-senior levels to work on complex, very large data sets, and enable those data sets to reveal answers for FTSE-listed clients.
Your duties would include:
- Working with clients to understand their requirements/situation
- Mining and structuring vast, complex data sets: this can range from clients’ accounting data through to any and all big data
- Programming, modelling and creating data visualisations
- Interrogating and investigating data
- Creating new analytics techniques, services or propositions in the pursuit of crime prevention. This could range from helping banks manage the risk of rogue trading, through to helping telecoms and utilities giants mitigate the risk of fraudulent customer activity.
Desired Skills & Experience
For all roles, you must have proven professional experience in:
- Delivery of data projects, whether they are more technical or more statistics/analytics focussed
- Data engineering & analytics, including professional experience using:
- Either SQL Server or Oracle
- Any of ETL, SSIS, SSAS or SSRS
- Analytics programmes such as SAS, SPSS, R
- Some exposure to and interest in Big Data and any of: Hadoop, Splice Machine, Hive, Pig, Spark, Storm, SAP HANA, MongoDB, Pentaho, Talend, Splunk, Python
- Some other programming interests, eg Java, C#.NET
- Broad knowledge of the data specialism: able to tell at least a general story about data, data management, data structures, data integration, data analysis etc.
Global provider of services and technology products/platforms, headquartered in London with offices around the world
This team in particular has a reputation for innovative application of advanced analytics and big data technologies.
Most of the jobs are client-facing and, while travel can be part of the role, the firm’s size and presence enables people to be more locally-based if preferred.
The organisation benefits from being both a successful brand name and an agile, pioneering provider of value-adding ideas and services in the world of commercial analytics.
What’s in it for you?
- Working with leading authorities in the world of data
- Developing your skills in applying leading data science concepts to commercial challenges
- You’ll get to work on different industry projects, both deepening and broadening your commercial exposure
- The training is fantastic, with budgets committed to your technical improvement
- The benefits are generous, with consistent bonuses and a comprehensive package of perks.