Graduate Commercial Analyst, Marketing, £24K + Study
4 days left
- Full Time
Junior Commercial Analyst, Recent Graduate, Marketing Services, £24,000 + Study
A rare opportunity to join a leading Publisher has arisen due to company growth. Our client is looking for a driven and enthusiastic graduate to join their finance team.
A key member of the Commercial Finance team, working to complete forecasts and budgets, acquisition process, month end financial reporting requirements and various other commercial and strategic support.
- Forecasting and Budgeting:
- Assisting the budgeting and forecasting process on a quarterly basis to enable financials to be consolidated into the group P&L for reporting to the US parent company
- Ensuring that the timing and phasing of future publication releases are accurately reflected in the budget and forecast
- Perform initial reviews of draft P&Ls & related work for completeness & accuracy
- Work with other areas of the business (e.g. editorial, sales, production and marketing) to gain relevant information to help compile budget and forecast
- Produce budget/forecast packs to deadline for the business to be presented to key UK Exec members
- Gaining an excellent knowledge of Hyperion Planning for use in the forecasting/budgeting process
- Acquisitions Process Related:
- Review and report on previous published book performance to assist with influencing decisions for future acquisitions
- Preparation of investment cases for new acquisitions including liaising with key departments to gain the relevant information
- Financial Reporting:
- Assist in month end analysis of actual performance of the division (and departments within) against forecast and budget
- Ensure cost control by identifying and understanding major variances to forecast and budget
- Maintain the database for monitoring retrospective discounts
- Preparation of reports for monthly divisional executive meetings, including month end commercial pack
- Ad hoc analysis and support of the division:
- To assist the Commercial Director when required to provide the division with financial information to assist with further commercial decisions, examples of this include:
- Sales reporting to show trends and inform future forecasts
- Ebook to physical trend analysis
- Analysis of costs - production, marketing, plant, royalties
- Flexible and hard working with a can-do attitude
- The individual will be financially supported through ACCA/CIMA qualifications alongside their day-to- day role
- Useful but not essential:
- Experience of working in a media environment or demonstrable interest in media
- Degree educated - 2:1 minimum
- Book lover!
Trace is an innovative recruitment consultancy. Our person organisation fit profiling tool, the Predictive Fit Profiler, is helping us fit our candidates with our clients from a personality, behaviours, motivations and cultural compatibility perspective.