Business Development Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
Business Development Manager
Packaging / Carton Manufacturing
£35,000 - £42,000 + Commission + Car / Allowance
We are recruiting for a Business Development Managers. Whilst this role will be focused on B2B new business growth you will also have the opportunity to sharpen your teeth on customers that are low spending / dormant. Candidates will need to be able to demonstrate a strong track record of sales within the folding carton or packaging market.
My client is one of the most experienced independent packaging manufacturers in Europe. Based in the UK but operating globally, the business manufactures bespoke, environmentally sound packaging solutions for some of the biggest names in the retail, food, confectionery, beauty and healthcare markets.
To achieve profitable sales growth through both existing and prospective customers in line with the company strategy.
The Business Development Manager (BDM) has overall responsibility for managing the relationship between the business and existing customers, ensuring that we satisfy specific requirements and offer a level of service which meets our stated aim of becoming the best provider within the UK market. Having direct responsibility for new business development, the BDM is expected to 'self-manage’ but, will be part of the field sales and customer service team.
Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
- Sales and growth forecasting and target setting.
- Business Development experience
- Ownership of the sales process
- High level of drive, self-motivation and tenacity to achieve results through self-management.
- Diplomacy, patience and reliability.
- Acute attention to detail and a high level of accuracy in all aspects of the role.
- A good appreciation of the company’s products, services and manufacturing capabilities.
- Understanding the management of customer supply chains.
- Knowledge of the UK carton market and identify major competition.
- Technical knowledge of structural carton design, print, cutting and gluing processes including relevant materials.
- Excellent knowledge of key company standard operating procedures.
- Area management appreciation and understanding.
- Understanding of the costing process and company pricing guidelines to ensure the most effective setting of prices in line with company strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Investigative and problem solving skills.
- Organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the Shuttleworth Management Information System.
- IT Skills - Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Powerpoint, Access database, Word and Excel.
- Negotiating and influencing skills.
- Driving - Full, valid licence.
- Experience working in a folding carton manufacturing environment, particularly within sales or customer service management roles.
- Track Record of profitable new business development in the carton industry.
- 'Will do’ mentality.
- Full, current driving licence.