Assistant to General Counsel
A leading financial institution is looking for a Compliance Manager to assist the General Counsel with the day-to-day operation of a global legal department.
- Investment Funds - fund establishment including multi-jurisdictional structuring issues, amending fund documents, commenting on offering documentation, creating new share classes, changes to service providers, general fund maintenance including legal/regulatory registrations and compliance in Europe and Asia.
- Corporate - drafting fund board minutes and resolutions and presenting at fund board meetings; assistance to General Counsel with resolutions and meeting minutes for boards of operating companies and certain internal functional committees.
- Distribution and related Agreements - drafting and negotiating distribution agreements, introducer agreements, fee rebate and related agreements with global financial intermediaries and institutional fund investors, working closely with the sales and operations teams.
- Credit Facilities - negotiating corporate and fund credit facility and FX facility documents
- Special Projects - assistance to the General Counsel and Deputy General Counsel (London) on special projects
- Legal Research - multi-jurisdictional legal research and drafting advice memoranda.
For this role you will need to have excellent academic credentials preferably including English qualification however qualifications from other jurisdictions will be considered. Ideally you will have several years of post-qualification experience within a top tier law firm, ideally either in the investment funds or M&A field. Experience of alternative investment funds would also be advantageous. The incumbent will need strong interpersonal and project management skills as well as strong contract drafting and negotiation skills.
In return you can expect to receive a starting salary of up to £90,000 plus benefits.