Progressive Recruitment are currently seeking a Java Developer for a new permanent position that has just come live in Central London.
You will be working for an international publishing company on a project where you will be building tools to ensure the continuous scanning and analysis of research and data as it is published.
The role will focus on developing web components for their systems. The successful candidate will be an active member of a team, during all stages of designing, developing and testing. The components will support the retrieval and aggregation of feeds from numerous external research databases as well as integrating their existing content management system with existing management tools. The project will be run using an agile iterative approach.
* Java Developer with at least 4 years experience, with a high importance on web development experience.
* A very good understanding of agile development approaches
* Excellent understanding of Java
* Solid commercial experience with Spring framework
* Experience developing XML based solutions including the use of XSLT and XQuery
* Understanding OD data modelling and data storage using SQL (any experience with NoSQL would be advantageous but not essential)
* Web services : REST, SOAP, JSON
* Willingness to learn new languages and technologies as required and to develop in a heterogenous technology environment.
If this sounds like you and you are looking for a new challenge please call Jamie Harding on 0207 469 5255 and send your most up to date CV ASAP.
To find out more about Progressive Recruitment please visit www.progressiverecruitment.com