Part Time: 25 hours per week
Our Kaplan Cambridge school is located in a very quiet and peaceful area of Cambridge. The school is housed in an old Victorian house, with 8 classrooms, Café, Study Centre and large garden. It’s just a twenty minute walk along the river to the city centre, with easy access to the University College and museums. We offer a comprehensive range of English courses and are an official Trinity exam centre.
We are looking to recruit an Academic Administrator to assist the Director of Studies (DoS) in the overall administration and management of the Academic department including monitoring and managing student attendance.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring attendance and ensuring we are compliant with regulatory requirements
- Administering level testing for all students
- Manage stocks of student books, teacher notes, CDs and stationery
- Collecting and inputting student feedback
- Register and timetable administration
- Booking IELTS exams at various test centres across the UK
- Supporting the Academic Department as and when needed
- Providing excellent customer service and support for students
- Assisting the DoS in organizing and delivering student induction and leaving ceremonies
To be successful in this role you will:
- Be educated to A-Level standard or equivalent (essential) or to degree level (desirable)
- Have excellent organisation skills and ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Ability to use initiative to deal with unexpected situations
- Strong attention to detail and high level of data accuracy
- Have strong IT skills especially relating to Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have experience of working in a customer facing environment, an exceptional customer service ethos and a willingness to meet and go beyond customer expectations
- Have excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability to develop rapport with students from a variety of cultures and backgrounds
The jobholder will be required to have a DBS (formerly CRB) check.
Kaplan International English, a division of Kaplan Inc., is an exciting company in the world of international education. With 41 English language schools in the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand, we are a leading provider of English language courses and other study abroad programmes for students from more than 100 countries around the world.
How to apply
Please apply with a CV and covering letter highlighting why you believe you are suitable for this role via our online application form.
Closing date: 17th February, 2017
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with the job, which may change depending on the needs of the business.