Graduate Events Executive - Marketing Consultancy - £22K - London
Our client is the UK's leading business development consultancy, serving both the Agency and Marketing communities.
Our client sits at the intersection between brands and agencies. For agencies, they help them find new business. For brands, they help them work with the right agencies.
This is a graduate job, offering up to £22K starting salary.
Key responsibilities of the role;
Responsible for building up excellent relationships with marketing agencies. Ensuring that the right delegates and agencies attend Ingenuity events. Generate content for the event invitations. Represent the company at events including event management on the day.
Build and maintain knowledge on the industry and business trends and insight across all sectors to inform event invitation content.
Generate awareness for the events through email and mass mailer software.
Inform content schedule for events through research and industry knowledge. Share knowledge with events team and across Ingenuity business.
Qualifying opportunities with agencies after they’ve shown interest and before they are confirmed Continuous communication with agencies to maintain their engagement.
- Excellent account management behaviours
- Experience of events management
- Evaluate success of activities and share feedback with the agencies. Ensuring follow ups happen with or on behalf of the agencies
- Follow up/pass on opportunities for intermediary prospects with brands
- Use insights communications
- Bespoke approach to written communications when targeting agencies
- Attend and help run 1-2 University training modules.
- Responsible for upload of 30-35 new agency contacts in Oracle per week.
- Write content for invitations and reports as required by client.
- Evaluate success of interactions for agencies from event day
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
- Excellent call handling, phone manner and email writing skills that achieve results.
- Excellent objection handling skills that you can share with all members of the team.
- Build market intelligence across companies and sectors as you become familiar with brands and become aware of review dates and procurement process.
- Have a close relationship with your agencies, recognised for your industry knowledge and expertise.
- Always be on top of the latest industry news relevant to your clients.
- Collaborate with team, input into our client strategy and suggest ideas for improvement.
- Become an expert at Oracle and help wider team to seek out intelligence available to them.
Company & Culture
- Be an enthusiastic and self-motivated team player and a positive influence on all members of the team.
- Build relationships with the wider company divisions to share intel where relevant.
- Share intelligence you have gathered with the wider agency to help other clients meet their targets where appropriate.
- Help lead the company Social Monkeys’ committee to bring the agency together for events and team building.
Personal & Professional Development
- Take an active part in the University training programme and continue to attend modules to improve your skills and expertise.
- Sit with new starters in ‘buddy’ sessions during their first two weeks so they can listen in to your calls and learn best practice in data input on Oracle.