7 days left
- Full Time
Title: Buyer/Stores Controller.
Hours: Mon - Fri: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Main Areas of Responsibility:
1. To issue stock materials to maintenance personnel as required by Job Sheets. No Job Sheet no Issue. Refer new maintenance requests to the Maintenance section to log, identify requirements and issue new job sheets.
2. To record all stores issues and returns from storerooms on a spreadsheet (date, description, job number, property, quantity and person taking/returning materials). Copy document to maintenance section for pricing and adding to Property Manager.
3. To record all issues/returns of assets (tools, humidifiers, carpet cleaner, jetwash, etc.) from storerooms in the red tool record book.
4. To price up all materials issued not on Property Manager.
5. To purchase replacement stock materials and suitable new stock materials.
6. To purchase non-stock items as requested by Job Sheets from maintenance personnel subject to the provision of full information and job sheet to enable purchases to be made.
7. To produce/update a Supplier Catalogue of chosen suppliers to include all contact names/telephone numbers and account details and prices. Update as necessary.
8. All purchases to be based on a minimum of 3 quotations, selecting the best price and trading terms.
9. Raise purchase orders for approval based on 8. above and submit for approval by Authorised Person with all necessary supporting documentation (estimates, internal orders and job sheets as required) prior to ordering placement.
10. With the exception of credit, account suppliers obtain a proforma invoice for payment by BACS transfer and submit to Authorised Person for payment all necessary supporting documentation (estimates, internal orders and job sheets).
11. Issue regularly a purchasing report on outstanding items and queries.
12. Use company credit/debit card only for non-credit accounts where BACS payment is not possible and where emergencies arise. Keep a record and circulate regularly a spending log. Maximum debit/credit card spend £5K per month.
13. Undertake random price checks from time to time.
14. To organise Non-asset storeroom in product groups, produce an inventory database and update stock levels, deliveries, returns, supplier changes and prices daily.
15. Keep storerooms clean and tidy.
16. Sign off original copies of the purchase order for payment once all items have been received. Check for correct quantity and condition of deliveries on receipt and pass to the Accounts Department for invoice matching. File photocopies of purchase orders and advice notes.
17. Move all stock deliveries from a delivery point and relocate to a store room.
18. Carry out inventory stock takes as required moving to perpetual stocktaking on completion of inventory database, initial stocktake and 'Go Live’.
19. Purchase overalls and protective clothing as approved for cleaning and maintenance team.
20. Answer maintenance department telephone and note down maintenance queries on an absence of maintenance team members.
21. Visit new and existing suppliers from time to time as required.
22. Visit other buildings in the Technic Styling building portfolio from time to time as required.
23. Create a COSHH Register including obtaining Material Safety Data Sheets and undertaking Risk Assessments based on items held in the New Loom House store room. NB Risk Assessments based on stocking of the products only and subject to training as recommended by the HSE. (Legal requirement).
24. Identify all waste carriers, obtain copies of their waste registration certificates under the Duty Of Care Regulations, confirm their registration with the relevant authorities. Obtain and retain for 3 years all waste transfer notes for both hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
25. Create a stock inventory database in Excel, including minimum and maximum stock holdings and re-order quantities taking particular note of fast moving items. Forward details to the maintenance section for input to Property Manager.
26. To seek best prices for other parts of our business which may not be building material related.
27. Assist Maintenance personnel in the identification of material requirements and provide prices for estimates as required.
28. Make cash purchases for low-value items claiming cost on expenses.
29. To follow any reasonable request from Management.