Commercial Accountant / Management Accountant
Qualified Commercial Accountant / Management Accountant: £45,000-55,000 plus benefits
Outstanding opportunity to work with a Fintech business that is growing and looking for an exceptional individual to join their team.
This role will suit a highly commercial individual who is looking for a broad role where you will gain exposure across a growing business. Due to the nature of this role, you will be involved in highly commercial aspects of the business and its growth through supporting the executive team with reliable and trusted statutory accounts and commercial accounting skills. This will span the statutory requirements as well as the highly commercial skills that support growth, strategy and M&A activity.
This is an excellent opportunity for a newly qualified accountant who would be able to thrive in a start-up/growing business where your opportunity to impress and progress is balanced with a realistic career progression to FD/Divisional CFO within 5 years.
The role would suit an individual who thrives on a challenge, has strong stakeholder and people management/engagement skills and can work with executives to challenge financials, aspirational forecasts and produce robust and well thought out financials to underpin the future growth, development and direction of the business.
Main duties will include:
- Ownership of annual budgeting and monthly forecasting and analysis
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Strategic and commercial insight, analysis, forecasts and commentary
- Development and oversight of statutory financial accounting aspects of the business through support to the FC.
- Preparation of statutory returns including: VAT, Enterprise Investment Scheme
- Enterprise Management Incentive scheme
- Collation of Key Performance Indicators
- Maintenance of the company's asset register
- Working with Executives to prepare for and facilitate external audit
- Providing input into business plan revisions
- Support for financial due diligence related to fundraising and / or acquisitions
- Degree educated or equivalent
- ACA or CIMA qualified
- Excellent numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in advanced MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Committed team player who can work effectively, to tight deadlines
It is Wells Tobias Recruitment Solutions’ policy, as a matter of courtesy, to respond to all applications within three working days. However because of the volume of applications, we are sometimes unable to respond to individual applicants. If we have not contacted you within three working days your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other position that you may see in the future. Thank you.