2 days left
- Full Time
South Square is a highly-regarded barristers’ set in Gray’s Inn, London. The set undertakes work in the area of business and commercial law, with specialist expertise in the field of insolvency and restructuring. Many of the set’s members have significant overseas and cross-border practices. Details of Members and the set’s work can be found on the website at http://www.southsquare.com.
REPORTING TO: Finance Manager
OTHER KEY CONTACTS: Practice Managers/Clerks
Members of Chambers (barristers)
PURPOSE OF ROLE
To support and assist the Finance Manager with a range of financial and general administrative responsibilities.
- Managing payment confirmation between solicitors and members.
- Posting cheque and BACS payments for members.
- Responding in a timely manner to queries from barristers and solicitors
- Credit control.
- Posting purchase invoices.
- Processing expenses, petty cash and credit card payments.
- Maintaining creditors ledger.
- Liaising closely with barristers and suppliers.
- Preparing and setting up supplier payments.
- Ad hoc finance and office administrative duties as required.
- Providing appropriate absence cover for the Finance Manager.
- Personable and able to get on with people at all levels, including members of chambers, colleagues and clients.
- Able to use own initiative, apply discretion as required and have high levels of integrity.
- Able to communicate well and to deliver quickly and accurately.
- Consistentlyprovide a high-quality service to both members and clients.
- Able to recommend and implement new ideas for improvement of working practices and systems.
- Flexible, able to take on board others’ ideas and suggestions, and can adapt to change.
- Understands the business and commercial ethos of Chambers.
- Strong organisational and numerical skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in all work.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Effective at project and time management.
- Self-starter who can also make an effective contribution to a team.
- Confident in learning new IT applications (e.g. Meridian Law Connected).
- At least 6 months experience in a finance or administrative role (essential).
- Sage Line 50 experience (desirable).
- Experience in legal or professional services (desirable).
- Proficient in MS Office packages, including Excel (essential).
- Permanent full-time contract subject to successful completion of three months’ probation.
- Salary- up to £25K depending on experience.
- 22 days’ annual leave.
- Payment of professional association membership fees.
- Discretionary bonus.
- Chambers-sponsored attendance at relevant industry/professional events.
- Interest-free season ticket loan (after probationary period).
- Work-based pension (after probationary period).
- Financial support to achieve a suitable professional accounting qualification.
Please note that all applicants must have a valid visa or have the right to work in the UK.