Lead Data Scientist - R&D
7 days left
- Full Time
Lead Data Scientist
£75,000 - £85,000 + Bonus
THE COMPANY - FINTECH
Harnham are working with a global fintech company who are looking to expand their R&D / Data Science function, a new venture within the business which aims to keep the company ahead of their competition and develop innovative products to help the company achieve ROI.
You will work on building complex machine learning algorithms to solve key decisioning problems in real-time for the business.
As the Lead Data Scientist you will not only be responsible for taking ownership over several key projects in 2017, but also act as the company's machine learning expert, demonstrating both a breadth and depth of knowledge in both supervised and unsupervised techniques.
You will have a big influence on company strategy and ultimately work towards one of the biggest transformations in data science and analytics in the UK at the moment.
THE ROLE - LEAD DATA SCIENTIST
You will be:
- Exploring structured and unstructured data to deliver clever, actionable insights for the business
- Utilising big data technologies (Spark currently in place)
- Implementing state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms to deliver real-time decisioning
- Building models of customer behaviour
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE - LEAD DATA SCIENTIST
You must have:
- A good degree in a quantitative subject
- Strong programming in either Python or R or Scala
- Solid experience in machine learning (both supervised and unsupervised methods)
- Exposure to big data technologies (ideally Spark/Pyspark/SparkML)
- Graph theory (Graphx)
£75,000 - £85,000 + Benefits
HOW TO APPLY
Please register your interest by sending your CV via the Apply link on this page. Or to hear about similar positions please contact Nick Mandella at Harnham
Python, R, Scala, Apache Spark, machine learning, SQL, analyst, analytics, customer, optimisation, Data Scientist, Data Science, insight, real-time, financial services, fintech.