Educational Software Project Manager / Business Analyst
4 days left
- Full Time
This role is a great mix of Business Analysis / project Management and Implementation , very much a client facing role .
You are expected to develop and display excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as exemplary client facing skills, to support the client throughout the implementation process.
This work includes liaising with the client at all stages of the projects allocated to you, to develop a good working relationship with the client and to be responsible for effective and timely communication with both the client and your colleagues.
You will assume responsibility for the delivery of any project tasks allocated to you. You are expected to display the highest level of professional standards at all times when dealing with clients.
Where you are allocated the role of Project Manager, you will assume responsibility for the delivery of projects allocated to you; you will be expected to lead multi-disciplined teams to deliver the project to the agreed requirements, timescales and budget within clearly defined governance structures.
You will be knowledgeable of project management and software development life-cycle methodologies. Key Responsibilities
1. As an Implementation Consultant you will assist in all stages of the implementation of the clients software, or project life cycle and governance (when in the role of Project Manager), including, but not limited to: ?
Requirements Analysis ?
Application Design ?
Implementation Design ?
Implementation and configuration of the software ?
Software testing ?
2. Implementation tasks and projects may be directly for a client or as part of an internal company project.
3. The above activities are all part of a project implementation and you may carry out or assist with one or more of these activities for any number of clients/projects. You will be expected to manage a multi-disciplined team to ensure that the project life-cycle is executed to deliver the project requirements (when in the role of Project Manager). Please note this is not a technical role - installations and technical troubleshooting are carried out by our Technical Services Team, although any technical experience you have will be beneficial for this role.
4. Working at my client means that you are routinely exposed to a wide array of technologies. My client is an IT solutions supplier; customers may therefore reasonably expect members of the team to have a certain level of working knowledge of IT systems. Furthermore, having this knowledge helps you to distinguish between technology, people and process issues. You are expected to build on your existing knowledge, particularly where it is required directly on a given project.
5. Where you are to carry out training for clients, this will normally take place on the client’s premises.
6. Software testing is part of the software implementation. If you are allocated this role within a project, you will be expected to test any software which has been developed for the project, or manage and oversee all testing activities (when in the role of Project Manager), ensuring that it is fit for purpose and meets the client’s requirements.
7. You may also be required to input to the Pre-Sales support process, either by developing and/or presenting software demonstrations, at any stage of the sales process, or by preparing responses to specific tender/or other, questions allocated to you. Questions/Demonstrations allocated to you will relate only to areas of the software upon which you have specific experience, or where you are considered the most