Purchasing Administrator - Construction Industry
Purchasing Administrator - Construction, Mechanical & Engineering
Company Profile - Purchasing Administrator- Construction, Mechanical & Engineering
A well-established company in Stevenage are looking to recruit a Purchasing Administrator to join their existing team. Suitable candidates will have experience in purchasing working within a construction or mechanical & engineering based company.
Job Description - Purchasing Administrator- Construction, Mechanical & Engineering
This is a broad role working as part of a small team who are responsible for all product purchasing for all projects managed by the business.
Duties will include:
- Working as part of a small team responsible for undertaking all purchasing for the company
- Ordering stock from agreed suppliers
- Negotiating on cost to ensure best price and service is achieved
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Using tailor made software to process orders and allocate to specific cost centres
- Working to agreed KPI’s and measures
- Producing reports
- Working under pressure to achieve deadlines
Required Skills - Purchasing Administrator- Construction, Mechanical & Engineering
- Previous experience of purchasing or ordering a large volume and different varieties of stock in a construction/mechanical & engineering based company
- Ideally you will have worked in a similar role for a construction or engineering company
- Fast and accurate PC skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of using Pegasus Opera Accounting Software is an advantage
Benefits - Purchasing Administrator- Construction, Mechanical & Engineering
- 23 days holidays + bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Other excellent benefits after probation period
Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving it is unfortunate that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. We will endeavour to contact all suitable candidates within 7 working days. If you have not heard from Lawrence Dean Recruitment within this time then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on file and contact you regarding any new opportunities that arise.
Thank you for your application.
Please note Lawrence Dean Recruitment is acting as an employment agency & business.
Lawrence Dean Recruitment is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in both temporary and permanent business support roles in the Hertfordshire area. Our clients range from large, blue-chip companies, to smaller owner-managed local businesses. As a Lawrence Dean candidate you can expect a different service to our competitors, where you feel valued and thoroughly involved in your next career move. We are experienced recruiters with extensive local market knowledge and are passionate about finding our candidates not just any job but the right job. .
"Lawrence Dean Recruitment - All About People"