Nursery Room Leader
7 days left
- Full Time
Nursery Room Leader Needed
Salary: £16k - £18k Depending on Experience
What is the purpose of the job?
The role of the Room Leader is to work as part of the management team to provide professional leadership and management to the playroom staff and to ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
What do you have to achieve ?
- High standards of care and education
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Positive working relationships with staff, parents and carers
- Room staff who feel supported in their roles
Key Responsibilities Childcare and Education
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Provide professional and relevant feedback to parents/carers about their child.
- Ensure all records of development and learning are fully and accurately maintained by the appropriate staff.
- Ensure that planning meetings take place regularly.
- Provide leadership and support to playroom staff to enable them to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the nursery keyperson procedures and allocate children to keyperson appropriately.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Implement and support others in delivering the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practise throughout the nursery.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Support the Nursery Manager and staff during inspections by regulatory bodies and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Support and supervise toddler room staff with their day-to-day duties.
- Support and mentor staff and students.
- Be responsible for taking part in all self development activities such as appraisals.
- In conjunction with the Manager/Deputy identify and address individual training needs of toddler room staff.
- Develop open and positive working relationships with staff
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s polices on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Assume additional management responsibilities as and when required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Childcare: 2 years