Director of Catering
Interaction Recruitment are currently recruiting on behalf of our client, a prestigious Cambridge College, for an experienced driven Catering Director; someone who has previous experience within a similar role, managing a catering team involving front of house and back of house, driving team ethic and leading a large operation.
The college is due to undergo construction, with a £6-9 million pound kitchen implemented in the next 24 months, the Catering Director will play a key part in this development.
The client are particularly looking for a candidate who has a strong background in the kitchen as either an Executive Head Chef/Head Chef within a fine dining establishment.
The Ideal Candidate will have the following experience:
- Demonstrate excellent cooking skills to all chefs (fine dining).
- Management of multiple catering and conference functions.
- Strategical thinking towards the direction of the sector.
- Co-ordination involving various dining communities.
- Leadership skills; planning and cooking fresh seasonal food, recent experience of training in cooking and leading a busy kitchen.
- Conference and Events planning; the college is looking to step up to a Michelin level of fine dining option.
- Financial Management; clear financial planning is key, driving profit margins and cost/wastage control. Using purchasing agreements and on-line ordering.
- Staff Management/Administration; Administration skills are key, operating to deadlines, complying with college regulations on food and staff management.
The role reports directly to the Operations Director but involves engagement with Students, Fellows and Conference and Development offices.
This is a brief description of the role, for more in depth detail please contact me on the details below:
Please contact Will Blower on or for further information or e-mail me your CV and covering letter to