Global Category Manager - Retail Point of Purchase
7 days left
- Full Time
A Global Category Manager - Retail Point of Purchase is required for a Global FTSE 250 Business based in Buckinghamshire.
You will be responsible for strategy development (market analysis, positioning), identifying longer-term areas of opportunity and driving identified growth activities alongside commercial teams within the Retail and Point of Purchase (POP) categories.
Clearly defining the Category Strategic Plans, providing sufficient detail to drive regional commercial performance through:
- Market analysis size, growth, structure of market, trends, target customers
- Understanding the company's position in the market
- Defining a plan on how to win
- Providing MA recommendations based on strategic business needs and gaps
Developing market driven insights based on industry trends by:
- Leading the idea generation process and delivery of category insights to the product development teams for fuelling the innovation pipeline
- Leading the resulting research related to category that will inform the organisation (either product, innovation, or how we serve an industry)
The creation of promotional plans to:
- Develop a plan for trade communications to position the company as supplier of choice in target categories/markets
- Ensure the plan links with product to form a robust, consistent message/story
- Define the training plan for the category and delegating training responsibilities appropriately
- Provide relevant tools to the sales teams
- Provide expert market/marketing support to commercial teams to drive potential growth projects including key account management
Driving the category vision, measuring results and adjusting the plan by:
- Constant management and measurement through regular meetings with regional category sales directors
- Providing category information and insights required to be a market leading organisation
If you are looking for an opportunity to develop with a company who reward success and develop careers then please contact Esther Greenwood for a confidential discussion and send over your CV.