Cisco Security Analyst, IT Security Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
Cisco Security Analyst, Cisco Firewall, Network Security, London
The IT Security Analyst will be responsible for the day to day management of all Firewall based technologies ensuring all devices are configured and operating in line with industry best practice. The individual will assist with managing any Security Projects end to end, this will involve all aspects; planning, communication, implementation and reporting.
The focus of the Networking and Security team is our end-users and it is the aim of the team to ensure that their underlying infrastructure operates in a well maintained, controlled and consistent way. They will work with other colleagues to ensure that new systems and services are delivered in a secured manner and strike a sensible balance between being secure yet practical for our end users. The role reports to the IT Networks and Security Team Leader.
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Well presented and business-like. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Business Skills: Must be an excellent communicator with real understanding and empathy for the customer. Should seek to position the customer and the customer’s interests first and foremost in every decision.
- Technical skills: In depth IT skills are vital to the role. An ability to understand and explain IT solutions and issues to a non-technical audience is critical. A strong awareness of best practice techniques and solutions within the areas of Firewalls and end user devices.
Duties & responsibilities
- Maintain and support key systems and services including the firm's Cisco Security Firewalls.
- Ensure that appropriate security controls are deployed and maintained across systems and processes in line with good practice.
- Assist with the global selection of end-user hardware solutions and creation of standard builds, security solutions, group policy and remote device management.
- Manage and configure external access solutions offered by the firm in conjunction with 3 parties.
- Progress all incidents in a timely manner keeping colleagues up to date at all times.
- Take ownership of security incidents and identify and address problem trends.
- Assess upgrades and alternative technologies for the firm's software, systems and infrastructure where necessary.
- Where practical, assume responsibility for the inception, management and execution of projects to improve and maintain the firm’s systems and services.
- Assist with advertising and ensuring that the firm's IT security policy is known, respected and adhered to.
- Remain abreast of Operational technologies, systems & services and provide thought leadership in designated technology areas.
- Continually look to improve own skills and performance as well as those of end-users and IT colleagues.
- Produce, update and maintain system documentation for the firm's applications and systems and provide handover to colleagues through document or training as necessary.
- Work closely with all members of the IT department to provide a complete and cohesive IT service to our customers.
- Provide Out of Hours cover for technical escalations.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an IT Security role managing a complex and global IT environment.
- Experience of working in an ITIL operational process environment and ideally having worked within an ISO 27001 accredited environment or equivalent.
- Well-developed troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A good understanding of working with the business to align IT solutions with business needs.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Professional manner with the ability to work under pressure and prioritise effectively.
- Dedicated and hard working.
- Essential working knowledge and Management of Cisco ASA Firewalls.
- Management of Antivirus Software across all end devices.
- Management of Global Load Balances (Cayotes) and Web Proxies (Websense).
- Essential working knowledge of IPS / IDS / DLP and encryption technologies.
This is a great opportunity and salary is dependent upon experience. Apply now for more details.