Agile Development Team leader/Manager
Role - Agile Development Team leader/Manager
Location Leatherhead, Surrey
Salary £40,000 to £55,000 (max £60,000)
The ideal candidate will come from a development background ideally Microsoft with experience in agile methodology plus product and project management experience. The role is primarily managing a development team however our client is developing a product which needs to get out of the door.
Ideally the development team leader will need to work efficiently as possible and build the right positive culture to achieve this, which means making sure they have clear goals, both short term and long term, and helping them to achieve or exceeding those goals. From the initial project scope to deploying the product out to customer sites, each step is their responsibility.
Managing the Team
The Development Manager will be expected to provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to achieve their optimum performance levels and career development. They will be expected to monitor individual team member's performance through regular reviews and the annual appraisals and help them to resolve both technical problems and human resource issues. They will also be responsible for any recruitment necessary in the team.
The Development Manager will need to be the voice of the team within the company, and vice versa, to ensure everyone understands each other's position, broker any requests for resources, remove impediments and to help resolve differences where they arise. As such they will be expected to work closely with various people within the company:
- The Product Owner to understand the requirements and plan and execute projects
- The Product Services Manager to help support our customers with technical advice, product fixes and consultancy, as well as to co-ordinate on the Quality Assurance testing function of the business
- The Customer Relations Manager to ensure we are meeting customer expectations
- The in-house dev-ops team to help with internal hardware and software resources, managing of development systems etc.…
Project Management experience:
- Project Scoping
- Project Planning
- Process Control
Desirable skills for the Development Manager
- Direct experience of ALM tools (especially Microsoft TFS)
- Exposure to development on cloud platforms (especially Azure)
- Excellent knowledge and experience of code management and development best practice
- Experience of development in a Microsoft environment (.Net, SQL Server etc.)
If you feel you have the right skills and this is the right opportunity, please send your CV or call Nick Fini immediately on