INSURANCE UNDERWRITER - SURREY (COMMERCIAL INSURANCE)
Clark James Insurance Recruitment are working with an exciting Surrey based Insurer who are looking to add to their team with a candidate who has either broking or Underwriting experience within Commercial Insurance ideally to include Motor Fleet and/or Commercial combined.
The role is with an exciting and expanding company and this is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to work locally in an inspiring environment with excellent training and development opportunities.
The jobholder will:
- Handle renewal, rating and adjustment enquiries generated from the allocated client portfolio
- Signing off and processing new business taken up.
- Handle claims cover requests in accordance with the companies laid down service standards, referring as required internally or to Insurers
- Maintain a renewal retention in accordance with personal & team KPIs
- Have an unwavering appetite for contacting brokers pre-renewal & during renewal negotiations seeking further opportunity to upsell/cross sell across the product range
- Assist other departmental staff with their allocated workload at the behest of the senior management team, particularly in times of staff absence
- Handle accounts queries liaising with brokers and Accounts team as appropriate
- Liaise as required with Accounts, Insurers and Claims departments
- Compile and provide statistics as required by Technical Underwriters
- Sign off referrals from Underwriting Assistants in respect of mid-term adjustments
- Check policy documentation prior to issue
- Operate within the confines of the agreed personal delegated underwriting authority
- Identify and assess risks that are considered both 'standard’ and 'non-standard’ following own organisation’s underwriting procedures
The role is suitable for anyone with recent relevant Commercial Underwriting experience or if you have worked in broking under a delegated authority on a scheme.
The salary is up to £35000 with a great benefits package, stability and opportunities, working in a great office with some excellent and friendly staff there who form a formidable team! Apply today in strict confidence.