Fully Skilled Mechanic
3 days left
- Full Time
Here at Cargiant we are recruiting a fully qualified Mechanic to join our busy and fast-paced Workshop. The Mechanic role at Cargiant is a challenging one which requires skilled individuals to rigorously assess vehicles in a high-volume and target driven environment.
Cargiant is the world's largest car dealership with 7000 vehicles in stock and retail sales of over 1000 cars per week! It's taken 30 years of planning to assemble the 45 acre site that serves our current business and future expansion plans. We are always looking for smart, motivated and dynamic individuals who have passion and drive, to join our growing Company. Why not apply and become part of the Company that changed car buying forever?
Interested in working at Cargiant? Have a look at what it would be like by visiting our Youtube channel "Cargianttv" to watch the following videos:
'Cargiant Saturday 2014'
'Cargiant Behind the Scenes'
What you will do:
- Perform highly skilled and complex mechanical repairs on motor vehicles including MOT failures/repairs
- Perform vehicle inspections including Part Exchange inspections
- Verify vehicle service ability by conducting test-drives, adjusting controls and systems and recording any faults
- Maintain vehicle job records by recording service, repairs and inspections on a daily basis
- Using steam cleaner to clean exterior of vehicles, vehicle under body, engines, etc.
- Draining/refuelling vehicles in a safe manner in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines
- Carry out major and minor repairs/overhauls on vehicles and effected components, including engines, brakes, fuel systems, transmissions, steering, suspensions, drive lines and some electrical systems using a wide range of tools including specialist equipment
What you will need:
- Full and valid driving licence
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Motor Vehicle Maintenance
- Ability to analyse and repair mechanical failures
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
How we can reward you:
- The opportunity to progress internally and a longevity of career
- Great company benefits (Onsite gym, subsidary on site restaurant prices, vehicle purchase discount, Ride to Work Scheme, childcare vouchers, company pension with AVIVA and more)
- The opportunity to work in the award winning World's Largest Car Supermarket
- 28 days' holiday