Lead Speech and Language Therapist - Essex
Meridian Health is one of the UK's progressive and leading providers of permanent bespoke tailored recruitment solutions to the Healthcare sector.
We are currently looking to recruit a Lead Speech and Language Therapist on behalf of our client a UK leading and award winning Hospital specialising in excellent care and treatment to patients.
As Lead Speech and Language Therapist you will be responsible for leading the speech and language therapy service, providing day to day management and supervision of junior staff and leading the clinical development of the service. You will work as part of the inter-disciplinary team and manage a complex caseload of adults with acquired disorders of communication and swallowing.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Assessing and diagnosing a wide range of communication and swallowing disorders, including diverse and multi-faceted pathologies.
- Planning appropriate therapy intervention, making fine judgements about type and timing of treatment negotiated with patients, carers and the MDT.
- Recommending and introducing low tech communication systems and resources
- Delivering group and individual therapy as required.
- Providing specialist advice, education and therapy programmes to patients, carers and other health professionals.
- Managing patients and carers anxieties regarding intervention and prognosis.
- Evaluating treatment outcomes
- Transferring and discharging as appropriate.
- To be responsible for the clinical and administrative work of the speech and language therapists, monitoring referrals, prioritising caseloads in accordance with Service Guidelines and general arrangements
- To organise and operate the hospital's speech and language therapy service and its associated caseload efficiently and according to Service Guidelines in order to provide an equitable, responsive and effective service.
- To ensure that speech and language therapy policies are understood and observed and that procedures are followed.
- Recognised Speech and Language Therapy Degree Qualification or equivalent.
- Registered to practice with Health Professionals Council and Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
- Post Graduate Training in dysphagia management.
- Member of relevant speech and language therapy Clinical Excellence Networks (CENs) or British Aphasiology Society.
- Management/ leadership training
- Professional appraisal training.
- Clinical supervision training
- Experience in working with a wide range of complex aetiologies including stroke, adult learning disability, head and neck cancers, neurological conditions, dementia etc
- Experience using specialist assessments e.g. psycholinguistics, videofluoroscopy etc.
In return you will be offered:
- Salary ranging from £31,383 to £41,373 P/A Dependant on experience
- Annual Leave
- Pension Scheme
- Training and Support
If you would like to be considered for this position please apply below or email your CV to alternatively you can call one of our team on to discuss further.
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.