Data Engineer - London - Hadoop, Python, SQL...
6 days left
- Full Time
A rapidly expanding trading company has an opportunity for a Data Engineer to their City-based team.
This is a unique opportunity to fast-track your career and work in a rapidly expanding company with a meritocratic, start-up culture.
Working closely with various teams, the successful candidate will:
- Take ownership of gathering, understanding and cleaning data, writing ETL tools to manage datafrom a variety of sources
- Design and implement architecture for big data
- Design and implement architecture for large scale batch processing and on-demand querying,such as through the use of Spark and Redis
- Extend utilisation of off-the-shelf tools such as QlikView, Tableau or D3; and create internal toolsfor data visualisation and exploration
- Support the Quant Trading team in data analysis
The key to success in this role is:
- Passion for data engineering
- A relentlessly self-improving and ambitious attitude
- Desire to achieve excellence
- An interest in quantitative trading and commodities markets
Skills and Experience
- At least 2 years’ experience of programming and big data tools such as SQL, NoSQL, grid
- computing, caching, Cassandra/BigTable, Hadoop ecosystem, etc.
- Solid programming experience, ideally in Python
- Experience of financial markets, cloud computing, statistics and machine learning
Please send your CV or call Phillip Hartley.