Trainee Media and Event Sales Executive
Trainee Media and Event Sales Executive
South West London
Do you want to work for an established and respected media and events company?
Do you want to get excellent training to help you become an even better salesperson?
Do you have a creative mind with a passion for selling multiple solutions?
Established for nearly 30 years my client has built a fantastic reputation in their industries, they are a dynamic business with a portfolio spanning high quality exhibitions, magazines and websites that deliver excellent ROI for their clients. They are continuously growing and developing new products and revenue streams and offer great training and a tailored career path for their staff. The team and environment is laid back, relaxed and everyone that works there is so passionate about what they do and being the best in their fields, it is a highly collaborative team environment with low staff turnover and exciting growth plans. If you are looking for a genuine, long term career then this could be the role for you!
This is primarily an internal sales position with the majority of sales being completed over the phone, although you will go on some meetings and get to attend the events you are selling on to as well! The ideal candidate should have a good track record of phone sales and enjoy an active phone sales environment.
You will be tasked with driving all the revenue streams and will provide support for the Senior Media Sales Executive. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who has the ability to go beyond the targets set. You will be a conscientious, driven, team player that understands and loves their product and industry.
- Develop new customers through appropriate propositions and ethical sales method to optimise the quality of service, business growth and client satisfaction, selling across all products.
- Management of prospects and handling of queries.
- Sales administration, processing bookings.
- Responsible for pre and post show administration.
- Managing calendars for external Project Managers and booking meetings with prospects.
- To meet and strive to exceed all targets.
- Plan and manage personal sale and productivity activities towards achieving agreed business aims.
- Record, update, maintain and create reports across all databases where required
- Maintain an excellent knowledge of relevant issues within the marketplace, reporting on ompetitor activities, client's views and experiences to your manager.
- Be update to date on targets and figures, and achievement for all products and be able to report to management teams within a timely fashion and professional format.
- To work with the project team, including production, editorial and marketing.
- To enjoy supporting different exhibition activities.
- Tactically develop ideas to continually evolve all products in the marketplace where necessary,including pricing and margin development.
Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum 6 months in a B2B sales role with a proven track record of results
- A focused, driven and determined person
- Ability to communicate at a senior level
- A consultative approach and manner
- A sound understanding of the sales process / technique
- Strong closing and negotiation skills
- Effective team player
What's in it for you?
Salary £20k - £24k doe
Uncapped commission, OTE £28k - £30k year 1, significantly more year 2!
Genuine career progression opportunities
Fun and collaborative team environment
Excellent lieu time allowance for attending events
Subsidised gym and health care after qualifying period
At Run Recruitment we place high calibre candidates into the following roles:
Graduate Sales Executive. Telesales Executive. Telesales Manager. Media Sales. Advertising Sales. Sales Executive. Account Executive. Account Manager. Key Account Manager. Sales Broker. Business Development Executive. Business Development Manager. Field Sales Executive. Field Sales Manager. Inside Sales Executive. Internal Sales Executive. Sales Director. Sales Manager. Sales Support. Sales Admin. Customer Service Executive. Customer Service Manager. Marketing Executive. Marketing Manager. Resourcer. Recruitment Consultant. Senior Recruitment Consultant. Internal Recruitment.