Service Charge Accountant - Residential - Central London
3 days left
- Full Time
Service Charge Accountant - Residential Property. Our Client is a driven, dynamic residential property management business. They offer a holistic management service to a range of owners/investors and developers across the country. Not only are they recognised for the customer service they provide but also the time they invest in their staff development. They are now looking for a Service Accountant to join their growing property accounting team.
The Role will require the successful candidate to fulfil the following duties:
- Preparing year end service charge accounts including preparation of extended trial balance, accruals, prepayments and journals.
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Raising balancing charges.
- Creating and issuing the budget template and inputting onto the property management system.
- Raising demands in accordance with the leases.
- Setting up new sites, leases, units and service charge information onto the property management system.
- Setting up of financial information on the property software including apportionments, schedules and cost heads.
- Handling the ground rents and client payments.
- Submitting VAT returns for relevant sites.
- Attending AGMS.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are processed correctly.
The Person: To apply, you MUST be an experienced service charge accountant with a minimum of 3 years' experience of working for another residential block management company. Experience of preparing accounts to extended trial balance is essential as is solid understanding of service charges. Knowledge of a property management system such as QUBE or TRAMPS will be helpful to hit the ground running. This is a good opportunity to join a growing accounting team who are working on some of London's largest development schemes.
Please visit our website to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter or on LinkedIn or like us on Facebook
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.