Junior Data Analyst
5 days left
- Full Time
Exciting opportunity in data analysis with LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor
Junior Data Analyst
£25,000 - £30,000 plus up to 10% bonus
We're LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor, a pioneering online service that helps people avoid seeing a doctor face-to-face by offering safe, confidential diagnosis and treatment. Last year we had our millionth patient use our service and we've won awards for innovation from the likes of the British Medical Journal and Retail Week.
We started doing proper, grown-up data analytics 18 months ago - think database coding and advanced data visualisation - and this now forms a central part of our day-to-day business operations and company strategy. Over the coming months we will be actively recruiting and expanding our data team and have exciting plans to build out a data science capacity.
We are recruiting for a Junior Data Analyst to join the LloydsPharmacy Online Doctor team. This is a full-time permanent role, with exciting and uncapped career development opportunities.
We require an ambitious, entrepreneurial candidate who is already very familiar with Excel and has had some exposure to Google Analytics. An understanding of the broad principles underlying Relational Database Management Systems is essential. We will help you learn to use our proprietary tools, and give you plenty of support for training in MySQL, Tableau, the Google API, among others.
You can expect to quickly gain impressive experience from conducting a wide variety of data analysis tasks including coding onto our databases and creating data visualisations, to regular interaction with our parent company's market-leading wholesale pharmaceuticals distribution and community pharmacy network.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a whiz at Excel, and be excited to learn about other programs and programming languages. Experience with any database coding language (SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.) and data visualisation programs is a strong bonus
- Have the ability to work exceptionally quickly whilst maintaining a high standard of quality
- Be inquisitive and keen to question accepted wisdom
- Be outcome-focussed rather than process oriented
- Be analytical, able to synthesise data (qualitative and quantitative) and use it to produce recommendations
- Be hungry to learn and use new coding languages, data visualisation programs, and other technologies
- Be entrepreneurial and keen to play a role in using technology to transform healthcare. A proven interest in this space is a bonus
- Be a strong collaborative worker, with good communication and strong interpersonal aptitude
If you are ambitious and want to learn, we will support you wherever possible with training budget for online courses, time to attend conferences, as well as personal time to spend during working hours furthering your skills however you see fit.
The ideal candidate will want to start on a steep learning curve to understand complex medical and purchasing history datasets; you will in turn receive support from the company in funding for training from online providers.
We are very flexible with our training; if you can make a convincing business case for it, then you are highly likely to get support for your ambitions!
As we grow, we will start to implement data science as well as data analytics. Anyone joining the data team at the Online Doctor can expect enormous opportunity to develop and specialise in either of these fields.
How To Apply
Please apply via the Celesio Careers portal with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are interested in the role. Please tell us about any relevant experience, your working style, and about you as a person. Please also include a ~100-word explanation of your favourite puzzle or riddle and why.
All staff must be DBS-checked before starting work as the company deals with sensitive patient data.
Please note the closing date for applications is 12pm on 18th January 2016.
However, if we experience a high volume of applications for this post, it may be necessary to close applications prior to this date.
We would therefore encourage all applicants to apply as soon as possible.
This role is based at our Lloyds Online Doctor Offices in Marylebone, London.