Business Development Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Role type: New Role, Permanent
Salary: Basic circa 30k open ended commission, 25 days holiday, great career opportunity.
My client is a top 5 brand in their field in the UK and Europe.
Customers love what they deliver, which is why they keep on winning awards.
They have an audited 20:1 Return on Investment which makes it easy for customers to say 'yes’!
My client has some world-leading, very innovative, creative and flexible solutions. Customers include Clarins, Oracle, Sky and Gleneagles Golf Resort, Asics etc...
Want to become best in the world at selling?
They have a new Business Development role that has opened up due to their strong growth. Your job will be to gain new business clients, in a wide variety of industries and sectors, pitch to new accounts, and win lots of new business. There is no shortage of opportunity.
The process of selling is simple.
Selling starts with recognising the range of factors preventing greater success within their client base.
It’s up to you to use your consultative and rapport-building skills to "get under the skin" of an organisation. By seeking out problems, you are positioning yourself not as a "seller" but a "trusted advisor"; a sounding board. When you have reached a solution that will solve their problems, you package it up into one of their beautiful proposals, and you present it back to the client. Usually the solution has so much bespoke, considered thought and value that it makes it very difficult for the client to say "no". Especially when everything is tied up into a strong ROI.
It’s worth noting that you have at your disposal a range of brilliant, unique tools to use as an entry point into an organisation. For example, we offer several free tools and ideas that clients can have, that will make their lives easier. Your job is to give out value, liberally, without return expectation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (implementable over time):
- Maintain a database of prospects and regularly contact them to find out more about their organisation, their needs, and how my client can potentially help
- Develop issues, challenges and briefs from clients
- Write stunning proposals and pitch documents
- Professionally represent my client at all times
- Maintain a consistent level of proactive, outbound client activity
- Liaise with colleagues and peers
- Attend pitches and new business development meetings to win deals
- Report on pipeline weekly during personal development coaching session
- Liaise with client (all of salespeople are account managers too, managing clients for life, and earning commission for life).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Be consultative, engaging, caring and helpful with clients at all times. Everyone is always on display - Central to this is value creation - they add value to customer’s lives and businesses first, and they do not expect anything back. Ever. They have an abundance mentality - they give, they advise and they are enthusiastic about it.
- Professional communication skills including speaking, networking, presenting and writing.
- A knowledge and/or passion of the market, particularly sales
- A high impact presence around the office, willing to help other team members and maintain the energy!
- A strong interest in learning and development
- Strong proficiency with MS Word & PowerPoint