A leading Museum based in London is looking for a Project Accountant to join their dedicated and expanding team. Reporting to the Senior Management Accountant, you will undertake a Project Accountant role. In this role you will be overseeing all aspects of project finance from budget through to completion, and developing good working relationships with, and proactively supporting and advising, Heads of Departments and their reports as a Business Partner.
The role is essential in enabling Heads of Departments and project managers to understand their financial performance, driving decision-making within the Museum.
As the Project Accountant you will provide assistance with the following:
- Provide assistance with budgets and business cases that relate to projects, ensuring these provide the necessary information for approval and providing challenge, as required.
- Manage the project cashflows and dashboard reporting for capital and other projects undertaken by the Museum, ensuring these are kept up-to-date and report on these on a regular basis
- Liaise with project managers and other key personnel to report on financial performance on a regular basis, participating in project team meetings and communicating with internal & external stakeholders
- Understand & communicate the impact of projects on 'business as usual' and vice versa with other management accountants in the team
- Provide end of project reporting to assist with understanding around the achievement of anticipated benefits from the projects.
- Assist in the production of management accounts information relating to projects and in the budgeting and forecasting processes for projects.
- Provide direct financial support and advice to designated departments. Review income and expenditure against budget including the provision of accurate forecasting, analysis and variance reporting for each department.
- Regular meetings with budget holders for designated departments to support, develop and strengthen relationships and to ensure that the best possible financial service is provided; to be proactive rather than reactive when dealing with these areas of responsibility. Build strong working relationships with non-finance managers, assess their finance related needs and issues and proactively put forward suggestions on how these may be resolved
- Assist budget holders in the preparation of their long term plans and annual project and department budgets. Undertake financial appraisals of alternative scenarios and new business plans to seek out best value and ensuring consistency of approach.
- Maintain and improve budgetary and progress reports and the integrity of the ledgers. Ensure that additional reports produced outside the monthly pack are in a format that can easily be understood by all users of the information and reconcile back to ledgers.
- Prepare accrual and other correcting journals as required and to review and check the validity of codings. In conjunction with departmental budget contacts, ensure that purchase order commitments remaining on the finance system are current.
- Assist with the preparation of the Museum's annual financial accounts and statements, producing supporting schedules for external audit
Requirements as the Project Accountant for this well known Museum based in London:
- Relevant experience in a capital project accounting and management accounting role, communicating at senior level. Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of financial accounting.
- Experience of project and other budgeting, reporting and assisting with development of business cases
- Experience of producing and updating models
- Studying towards ACCA/ACA/CIMA (or equivalent qualification)
If you are interested in this role, please click to apply or contact me directly