Neurological Nurse - Peterborough
6 days left
- Full Time
Meridian Health is one of the UK's leading providers of permanent recruitment solutions to the health and social care sectors.
We are currently recruiting Registered Nurses of all disciplines (RGN/RMN/RNLD) to work in a specialist neurological nursing environment in Peterborough.
The nursing positions are full-time, permanent roles, and the successful applicant will join the existing team to provide nursing care within the services as part of the regular staff rotation.
- Shifts are 12 hours (8-8) and will include day and night shifts on rotation.
- There is a maximum of 3 consecutive shifts before you are rostered off-duty.
- Alternate weekends are free.
You will play an active role within the Acquired Brain Injury & Neurological team to working closely with patients to promote greater independence, personal choice, and engagement. Our client goes to great length to ensure you work with a client group that best matches your interests, skills and expertise.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- preserving independence & dignity of Services Users
- general nursing duties including Medication administration
- Peg Feed Administration
- participation in clinical meetings, working as part of an MDT and contributing to patient progress review meetings
- providing high standards of care to people with complex neurological problems in a nurse led unit
- developing therapeutic relationships to optimise patient engagement
- contributing to patient assessments, compiling a plan of care in conjunction with service users, and monitoring progress
- NMC Registered Nurse (RGN/RMN/RNLD) with valid PIN
- flexible, motivated and enthusiastic
- displays a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference.
- good verbal and written communication skills
- forward thinking
- client focused
In return you will be offered the following:
- starting salary of £29,629 p/a
- enhancements for overtime
- additional benefits including a pension scheme, retail vouchers, employee assistance programme, free parking, childcare vouchers
- comprehensive learning environment
To discuss this position further, please call Mike at Meridian on 0151 556 2090 or apply with your CV and I will give you call to discuss the opportunity further
Meridian Business Support is acting on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.