2 days left
- Full Time
Based in Watford, Hertfordshire, our client is a small-medium sized business with an excellent reputation and customer centric ethos who are looking for an efficient and reliable Financial Controller to join the business as on a permanent basis.
This job would suit someone with an excellent record of achievement and proven experience of preparing full management accounts to tight deadlines. You will be an open and confident individual, a first-class communicator and have the right attitude to meet deadlines and effectively supervise a small accounts team of 2.
The successful individual must have experience in preparing a full set of management accounts and balance sheet reconciliations as well as excellent excel skills; confident use of formulas, especially v lookups & pivot tables. The candidate will be highly numerate and analytical with strong attention to detail and who has the ability to multi task and solve problems.
The individual will be a CIMA/ACCA studier or Qualified by Experience Accountant with a minimum of 4 years' experience in a management accounting role, finalising month end management accounts and performing balance sheet reconciliations.
Duties will include:
- Preparing monthly management accounts along with variance analysis and commentary
- Producing submission report to parent company and board report draft
- Managing regular balance sheet reconciliations and resolve queries
- Monitoring and analysing weekly sales and margin trends
- Running regular budget meetings with budget holders to monitor and forecast spends in the business
- Undertake various projects to produce clear and up to date reports supporting operational managers
- Monitoring cash balances and preparing regular cash forecasting
- Provide support to business planning, budgeting and forecasting activity
- Preparing VAT return and other statutory reports
- Managing 4 members of staff
- Supporting internal and external audit process
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of financial systems and ways of working
- Assist Financial Controller in providing sound financial advice to internal stakeholders
- Analysing a high volume of data using MS Excel
- Interpreting and communicating financial data to non-financial managers
For more information about this role or any other Financial Controller jobs in Hertfordshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability