3 days left
- Full Time
This is a senior role within a fast growing multi-award winning youth employment charity. The working hours are flexible, and you will get the chance to further your professional development, and have access to a range of employee benefits.
We are looking for an experienced Finance professional with strong leadership and strategic skills. Ideally a qualified accountant or management accountant.
The post holder will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial management of the charity. This includes reporting on the financial performance to management and the Finance Committee.
- Contract Type: Permanent Contract
- Location: London
- Reporting To: Chief Executive
- Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 p.a.
- Start Date: February 2017
- Maintaining the organisation’s accounting system and bookkeeping records, and implementing best practices for financial management
- Ensure the Sage Accounts system is reconciled on a monthly basis - reconciling to bank statements, trade creditors and debtors, and dealing with posting errors, etc
- Prepare and maintain Fixed Asset module and petty cash accounts on Sage
- Reconcile petty cash and company cards, and prepare expenses reimbursements
- Make payments of all authorised invoices by BACS, making bank deposits for petty cash and fund transfer for prepaid cards
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and upload of annual return on Charity Commission and Companies House.
- Effectively organise and manage internal and external audits where appropriate.
- Prepare list of requirements for audit at financial year-end and liaise with accountants in producing the financial statements
- Work with senior managers to produce and monitor quarterly cash flow forecasts, and annual budgets
- Meeting with the Treasurer and Finance Committee and preparing quarterly financial reports for board meetings
- Provide sound financial advice to Trustees, the Chief Executive Officer, and other senior management
- Assist with financial aspects of contract negotiations and grant/tender applications
- Coordinate all accounting and taxation services and advice for the charity
- To undertake other duties, of a similar professional nature, at the request of the line manager
- Verifying time sheets and draft calculations monthly salaries for fixed, casual and seasonal staff. Calculate and pay net salary to employees.
- Assist in carrying out month and year end processes essential for statutory and other returns
- Reconcile all payroll payments to the financial ledger
- Support with pensions and salary sacrifice administration
Experience, Skills, Knowledge
- At least five years’ finance management experience in a working environment
- Extensive experience with financial procedures, such as management accounts, cash flow forecasting and financial reporting; particularly for charities
- Track record of managing tight budgets, as well as restricted funding and overhead absorption against multiple income streams
- Strong IT skills including intermediate or advanced knowledge of Excel and Sage 50 Accounts
- Experience of working with nominal ledger as well fixed asset module, control accounts and reconciliations
- Understanding of VAT and PAYE
- Exceptional record keeping skills, a high degree of accuracy in work practices and the proven ability to pay close attention to detail
- Dynamic self-starter with ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and learn quickly
- Ability to deal with sensitive matters professionally and confidentially
- A degree in a relevant field (e.g. Economics / Accounting / Finance) or relevant certification/accreditation such as CIMA or ACCA
- Experience using Sage 50 Payroll
- Ability to extensively management the finances of a multi-regional organisation
- Knowledge of salary sacrifice schemes and pensions administration
- A general understanding of UK charity laws and regulatory requirements.