Head of Statutory Accounting and Controls
We’re recruiting for a well-known UK Financial Services organisation. The role will suit either an experienced Audit or Assurance Professional or someone currently working within a related business as a Statutory Reporting Manager or Controller. You must have strong experience within Financial Services, ideally Banking.
It is very much about developing, maintaining and managing a robust reporting framework and to drive consistency in financial reporting and control. You’ll manage a small team responsible for monthly consolidated financial results, technical accounting projects, accounting policy and external reporting.
- Develop the Banks reporting framework, ensuring compliance with relevant accounting standards
- Responsible for Statutory Accounts and external reporting
- Responsible for the monthly consolidation process
- Drive consistency in accounting policy implementation
- Monitor compliance through deep dives into specific areas of accounting
- Implement major IFRS projects and other changes
- Monitor, review and assess the impact of relevant guidance
- Present to senior management a basic understanding of certain accounting policies or issues
- Provide accounting advice to senior managers across the Group
- Drive and manage continuous improvement to the reporting and consolidation process.
- Lead the external audit process
- Responsible for the coordination and submission of FINREP to Group Finance
- Working closely with Central FP&A to ensure seamless communication and consistency between internal and external reporting
- ACA or ACCA Qualified with at least 6 years PQE experience
- A background in Financial Services Audit, Assurance or Risk or experience in a Statutory Reporting and Controls based role within Financial Services
- An enthusiasm of making things better
- An ability to communicate at Board level
- A proven project manager
Trace is an innovative consultancy and we are serious about finding you the right role. Our Predictive Fit Profiler is an in-house profiling tool which provides candidates and clients with a method for assessing personal fit within a company - through measuring personality, thinking style, cultural compatibility and motivations.
When you meet one of our Consultants, you will definitely hear a lot more about it.