Lead Data Engineer - SQL, Python, Big Data
Senior Data Engineer - Python, SQL, Big Data
£70,000- £80,000 + Large Bonus + Large Benefits Package
A globally renowned Asset Management company are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join a brand new R&D team, implementing innovative and advanced methodologies to drive profitable investment strategies for Fund Managers. This is a unique and high profile role, so the right candidate must have a strong technical background across a broad range of technologies, as well as the ability to drive data strategy in the team. The client are very keen to use Big Data/ non-relational technology and are interested in seeing experience in Cloud Tech, e.g AWS and Redshift, NoSQL databases e.g MongoDB, and Hadoop Technologies, alongside SQL and Python.
The role in more detail - Senior Data Engineer
Your responsibility will be to identify useful data sources inside and outside the business, and platform that data from scratch to make is accessible for Data Scientists. This will include:
- Designing and developing the Data Solutions from scratch.
- Selecting technologies for each project.
- Implementing Cloud and Big Data tech into the business e.g. AWS, Hadoop, Spark
- Identifying data sources and developing strong ETL processes.
- Assist in developing the team, with scope to manage Data Engineers further down the line
Your skills and experience:
The successful Senior Data Engineer will have:
- In depth experience in large scale design and development projects in a commercial environment
- Knowledge of traditional data warehousing techniques and tools, e.g. SQL Server or Oracle
- Experience using cloud, non-relational, and Big Data technologies is a plus e.g. AWS, Redshift, Hadoop, Spark, Cloudera, NoSQL, MongoDB etc.
- Experience working with scripting languages e.g. Python
- A good knowledge of ETL processes
Salary details - Senior Data Engineer
- £60,000 - £80,000
- Large bonus
- 16% non-contributory pension
- Numerous other benefits
How to apply - Senior Data Engineer
Click on the 'Apply' link on this page to submit your CV. If you would like to find out more about this position, contact Ross at Harnham.
Data Architect, SQL, Oracle, Big Data, AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Asset Management, Data Engineer