Demi Chef de Partie or Strong Commis
Terms: Full-time including weekends as per the rota.
Salary up to £19K depending on experience.
What is the main purpose of the role?
Take responsibility for the preparation and presentation of all dishes in your allocated area, ensuring that all guests receive efficient service and high quality dishes. Gain experience in all sections of the kitchen and ensure company and legal requirements are maintained at all times. Stay informed about and prepared for all customers.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Have a full awareness of the preparation and service of all dishes on the menus.
- Prepare and present dishes on menus according to customer requirements.
- Carry out mise en place in your allocated area of work to meet forecasted demand.
- Carry out and record temperature checks on food and in storage areas as directed to ensure statutory requirements are met and report any variances are rectified immediately.
- Ensure food materials are stored correctly and rotated to meet company and legal requirements.
- Keep food wastage to a minimum.
- Maintain high standards of working practices in terms of personal appearance and working methods.
- Practice the correct and safe use and care of all items of equipment.
- Report all damage, hazards and wear and tear occurring within your areas of work.
- Ensure all security and control procedures laid down are strictly adhered to.
- Assist with various cleaning duties as required.
- Have an awareness of product cost and kitchen gross profit targets.
- Stay fully aware of and strictly observe Health & Safety at Work and Food Safety regulations.
- Remain totally customer focused by consistently delivering excellent customer service with an informed, friendly and effective approach.
The Ideal Candidate
- You will need previous experience in a similar role with a minimum of 1 years’ experience.
- Outstanding hygiene skills are essential and a certificate in elementary food hygiene would be desirable.
- The ideal candidate will possess the ability to work well under pressure in what has the potential to sometimes be a stressful environment.
- We are also looking for someone with exceptional communication skills and the ability to self-motivate.
28 days paid annual holiday (including bank holidays)
Discounted gym membership at nearby leisure centre
Generous discounts after 6 months service
Staff meals and uniform
In line with the requirements of the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. As part of the recruitment process, you will be asked to provide documented evidence of eligibility.