Technical Tester - JG2920
7 days left
- Full Time
A global leading Music Revenue Collections company is looking for an Technical Tester. You will have the opportunity to plan and execute Technical test related activities, for business applications (both package and bespoke), ensuring that they are effectively tested against agreed functional and non-functional requirements prior to production deployment.
The successful Technical Tester will have proven experience of technical testing of end-to-end solutions incorporating significant server-side data processing functionality. The Technical Tester will also have proven experience testing in both a waterfall and agile environment, combined with a strong technical test related background.
Role and Responsibilities:
You will be focusing on testing of Repertoire, Usage & Matching, Member Management portals and Rights & Distribution solutions.
The Technical Tester will:
• Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of the 'Money Out’ systems
• Take ownership of creating and maintaining test plans for the projects.
• Plan and execute technical tests in accordance with the agreed plan / standards
• Plan, prepare and execute functional / non-functional tests in accordance with the agreed requirements and acceptance criteria (desirable)
• Contribute to refinement of testing strategy
• Develop and maintain expertise in best practice technical testing methodologies and techniques
• Build and maintain strong working relationships with project stakeholders, including key business users
• Work positively and communicate professionally across the team in order to make an effective contribution to team tasks and team spirit
Experience and Skills:
The right Technical Tester will have:
• A degree (preferably in Computer Science or a related subject) is required
• 8 years minimum IT industry experience, including:
• 3 years minimum experience in IT consultancy or other blue chip environment
• 5 years minimum experience in a professional testing role
• 3 years minimum experience in testing Datawarehouse (DWH)
• 3 years minimum experience as a Technical test analyst
• Technical development background
Your experience should include:
• Technical test preparation, analysis and execution following agreed requirements and acceptance criteria.
• Testing of 3rd party supplier solutions and working with 3rd party suppliers to resolve issues
• Participation as Tester in one or more medium to large (1000 man day plus) systems development and implementation projects
• Experience of testing end to end solutions comprising multiple packaged and bespoke components. Strong technical development background
• Testing in both waterfall and agile environments making use of continuous integration
• Excellent understanding of modern technical testing techniques and best practice
• Ability to interpret test results and make improvement recommendations or raise clear defects
• Solid exposure to testing Data warehouse and using BI tools
• A good working knowledge of SQL and Unix shell scripting.
• Sound knowledge of a software development methodologies including waterfall and agile
• Experience in, and current familiarity with testing in complex Portal, Oracle and Unix environments (in particular Java; WebLogic Portal; Oracle PL/SQL)
• Keeps abreast of current developments and trends in area of expertise.