6 days left
- Full Time
I am currently looking for an assistant buyer for a temporary to permanent role.
Assist the Buyer in delivering the budgeted sales and margin targets for the category
• Assist the Buyer in creation and maintenance of the range plans
• Demonstrate a clear and thorough understanding of the customer proposition and market place and seek to improve categories role and contribution.
• Understand Cost of Goods and net profitability of the category and seek to identify proactive ways of enhancing net contribution.
• Work with the Buyer in developing supplier relationships
• Prepare information for product ranges/selection meetings, gather customer, supplier and competitor information, request product samples or information, competitive shopping reports and prepare product direction boards.
• Provide product information and analysis as requested by the Buyer.
• Assist the Buyer in the development, management and motivation of the Buying Assistant.
• Pro actively liaise with merchandising to ensure the delivery of stock and sales targets.
• Responsible for all post-selection administration and follow-up including file maintenance.
• Administrative and clerical responsibilities associated with resolving queries from internal and external customers of the department.
• Update systems to ensure that product range information is keyed on time and accuracy is maintained.
• Work with Merchandising to ensure stock levels are in line with budget