Senior Category Manager Support Services
4 days left
- Full Time
Senior Category Manager (Support Services)
£55,000 - £70,000 per annum (depending on experience) + competitive package
A 150 year old company founded on the principles of self-reliance and community, Royal London is the UK's largest mutual pensions, insurance and investment company. Group businesses provide around 9.1 million policies and employ 3,106 people across operations in London, Bath, Edinburgh, Wilmslow, Glasgow and Reading, with Group funds under management of £93.8 billion.
Owned by our members, rather than by shareholders, our financial performance is robust over both the short and long term. Our aim is to become the most trusted and recommended provider of insurance and investment products in the eyes of our customers.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Category Manager to join our Group Procurement Team based in our Wilmslow office. The successful candidate will work within the Support Services Category Team which is responsible for indirect services such as Finance, HR, Marketing and Sales.
The purpose of the role is to manage the Procurement projects/initiatives with in the Support Services category areas and to proactively build relationships with Key Stakeholders to identify and measure procurement opportunities across the business.
- Provide leadership, line management and motivation to the category team, including category managers, contract & supplier managers and buyers
- Provide relevant market expertise for a range of procurement activity within the business
- Pro-actively build relationships at all levels and sell the value of procurement and processes
- Lead high value and business critical projects
- Manage the creation and delivery of cost saving initiative plans within the Support Services category
- Responsible for Procurement activity for category based procured spend annually
- Provides specialist commercial and procurement input in relation to the management of third party suppliers
- Ensure the supplier selection and contract management process is adequately protected from regulatory, reputational and financial risk
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Good understanding of people, culture and how to drive and embed cultural and behavioural change
- Strong consultancy skills and able to evidence advice, guidance, support and challenge across all aspects of Procurement
- Demonstrable experience across the generalist Procurement skillset
- Excellent communicator who can create partnership relationships with all business functions
- Able to evidence a strong track record of operating at Manager level or equivalent in a similar organisation
- Experience of managing a Team of Procurement Professionals at various levels of capability and with a variety of skills and experience
- Significant work experience of procurement in a complex changing environment, preferably within the financial sector
- Proven ability to influence at Senior level
- Graduate calibre or relevant professional qualification desirable, e.g. CIPS
To apply, please use the 'Apply Online' link below. For any further queries regarding the role, please contact Joe Donnelly on