Our client, a leading employer in the Times "top places to work" is looking for an experienced Finance Director to provide strategic and financial guidance for their short and long term business strategy.
They are seeking an experienced and commercially driven Finance Director to join their dynamic, growing business. Our client truly values its' people and is offering a great package to the right person.
The role will involve developing policies and establishing principles which safeguard sound financial management and control of the business. To lead, inspire and empower individuals at all levels within the Finance team to achieve business results and to develop to their full potential. Presenting financial information to other parts of the business will be a key part of the role therefore experience in explaining financials to members of staff who are not financially literate is key.
- Dealing with the administrative, financial and risk management operation of the company with proven experience of Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA) and all aspects of budget design and review.
- Reporting to the board and working at board level, liaising with the CEO and MD to steer all financial business planning and decisions
- Creating and implementing new financial processes including cashflow, budget and forecasting methodology/system.
- Overseeing budget preparation and cost review and analysis.
- Overseeing the company management accounts preparation and ensuring accurate and timely completion.
- Maintaining and improving all financial accounting systems for accounts.
- Management and control of all financial reporting including, yearend and the audit process.
- Developing and maintaining timely accurate financial statements and reports
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Experienced commercially focused individual with a track record at board level of successfully driving profitable growth
- 5 years of managing, appraising and overseeing a team with excellent leadership skills.
- Track record of and confident in making business critical decisions within the Executive team
- Strong technical knowledge is key as is working with financial systems like Oracle and SAGE.
- High level experience in a fast moving entrepreneurial and expanding company environment
- A Team player, who thrives working collectively and seamlessly to achieve the executive’s goals
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA Qualified Accountant or equivalent.
- Degree educated with 10+ years’ post qualification experience in senior finance roles
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial and commercially aware