6 days left
- Full Time
My client is looking for an organised and tidy, Accounts Assistant to join the finance department within a busy Law firm. You will be methodical, self-motivating, thorough and accurate and can work under pressure of tight deadlines.
The top Law Firm is expanding rapidly. Their head accountancy office is based in the City.
As the Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for the following:
- Processing sales invoices and credit notes
- Maintaining and updating sales and purchase ledgers
- Processing and inputting purchase invoices
- Reconciling suppliers statements
- Processing and reconciling disbursements; Monitoring Unbilled disbursements
- Resolving discrepancies, analyse and solve problems related to disbursements
- Credit Control duties - Monitoring Aged Debt report & chasing outstanding debts on weekly basis
- Perform other duties as reasonably directed by the line manager.
- Assist FD with preparation of Monthly Management Accounts - posting monthly Prepayments, Accruals journals
- Assist as required with general accounting tasks performed by the Finance Team
- Assisting with other ad-hoc duties as required
To be considered for this Accounts Assistant position you MUST have the following:
- Minimum 1 years accounting/finance experience
- Minimum grade C or above in GCSE Maths and English
- Strong Excel skills
- Work experience within a law / professional services company (desirable)
£17,000-£18,000 + benefits